CMC Hotels is a Raleigh, North Carolina based company specializing in the development, acquisition, repositioning and management of upscale limited service, extended stay and full service hotels. Our properties lead the market, consistently exceeding operational and financial expectations as well as the guest’s expectation of hospitality.
We believe in Growing People. Our people are the Heart of our organization. The growth and success of our portfolio will be possible by the contribution of our associates who will be recognized, grow and succeed with us.
Our award-winning, full-service hotel, Holiday Inn Raleigh North-Midtown, is now accepting applications for an experienced, full-time Banquet Capitan to service and oversee 3,500 sq. ft. of meeting/banquet space. We offer a competitive hourly wage to commensurate with experience, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, BCBS health coverage, dental and vision insurance, access to a 401K program, free life insurance and short term disability, as well as monthly bonus incentives.
Job Description: Lead the set-up and break-down, and/or service and clean up, of banquet functions, following BEO orders.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Set up, serve and/or break down of banquet functions.
- Work closely with kitchen staff to communicate speed of service, client numbers, and special requests.
- Greet guests upon arrival. Respond to guest requests and/or complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
- Participate in pre-function meeting and review all information pertinent to service and set up of group.
- Inspect scheduled function areas/rooms, table set-ups, bar set-ups, buffet tables, receptions and coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, and proper layout.
- Follow procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of banquet inventory and equipment.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization, and cleanliness.
- One year experience in banquet service or set-up.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Experience and understanding of Banquet Event Orders.
- Push or lift items weighing up to 75 pounds (tables, chairs, trays)
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel and stand for long periods of time.
- Strong communication skills when interacting with guests and leading others.